Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pumpkin Wrap-Up

I completely forgot to take photos of the pumpkins before carving.  But note to self: hollow the pumpkin out to less than an inch thick, otherwise it's a pain to carve.

So I carved a basic jack-o-lantern face and Arnie's profile.  Some kids (well boys) noticed it, and it totally made my day.  Pics below

Other things.....I took the pumpkin seeds, and followed Martha Stewart's recipe for sweet and spicy pumpkin seeds.  Best recipe ever!  And then I made pumpkin pancakes this morning with Trader Joe's mix, and topped it with brown sugar, cinnamon, and whipped cream.  Better than IHOP any day.



Mr. Jack-o-lantern.  It looks like my mom sans teeth.





This just doesn't come out well with the flash.  It looked great in the dark, I swear it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment