Monday, October 15, 2012

Mishti Doi/Sweet Indian Yogurt

I am not a fan of Indian desserts or sweets. They're a bit too sweet for my tastes and contain a bit too much dairy.  I have a couple desserts I will never pass up, but I never go out of my way to hunt down an Indian sweet.

One of the desserts I never pass up is a sweet Bengali yogurt dish called mishti doi. Bengalis are famous for their fabulous sweets.  A little of this goes a long way, and is rather easy to make.  I've brought it to potlucks and it disappears in seconds.  My goal is to figure out a mango version of this someday.

Mishti Doi

Ingredients:

1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
1 cup plain yogurt

Method:

Step 1: Preheat oven to 200 degrees
Step 2: Mix all three ingredients together (sticking it in a blender is the cleanest way)
Step 3: Pour mixture into 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan
Step 4: Bake for an hour and fifteen minutes so that it looks like it has set firmly
Step 5: Cool and refrigerate, then eat!



No comments:

Post a Comment