Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Spinach, Tofu, and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Pizza

I love pizza. In fact, I'm one of those freaks who loves vegetables on my pizza. Cheese, bread, and vegetables are a delightful combination to me!  I decided to experiment and combined a few recipes I found online for a healthy stuffed pizza.

My husband and I really enjoyed this pizza, but I highly recommend dipping it in marinara sauce. The tofu is not noticeable and quite filling.


Spinach, Tofu and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Pizza

Ingredients:

1 14 ounce package of firm tofu, drained and crumbled
1 10 ounce package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 pinch dried red pepper flakes
1 pound prepared pizza dough

Method:

Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees and coat pan with cooking spray
Step 2: Mix tofu, spinach, tomatoes, cheeses, and spices in a bowl with hands
Step 3: Roll dough out on lightly floured surface
Step 4: Place dough on baking sheet and place mixture in middle of dough, leaving 1 inch border all around
Step 5: Take dough edges and close pizza. Crimp top with fork and lightly spray with cooking spray, then use knife to make slits all over the top.
Step 6: Bake in oven for 30 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment