Sunday, August 26, 2012

Magic Bars

Magic bars--my favorite dessert in the shape of a bar. I suppose it's the delicious mix of chocolate and toasted sweetened coconut on a graham cracker crust. It's also surprisingly easy to make. In fact, I'm sure a child can make it for you...why don't I have children again?

The great thing about magic bars, is you can mix and match the toppings. This time I omitted nuts (walnuts work best), and added butterscotch chips instead. I think I will try using candied cherries next time.

Magic Bars



Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I pounded 18 graham crackers)
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups flaked sweetened coconut
1 cup butterscotch chips

Method:

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Step 2: Coat 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray
Step 3: Heat butter in a saucepan  over low heat
Step 4: Add graham cracker crumbs to butter and stir together
Step 5: Cover bottom of pan with graham crackers, pressing into pan
Step 6: Cover crumb crust with condensed milk
Step 7: Mix coconut and chocolate chips together and evenly distribute on top of condensed milk
Step 8: Use fork to press the toppings down onto the crust
Step 9: Bake on middle shelf in oven for 25 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment