Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fast Shrimp

One of the best things to have lying in the back of your freezer is a bag of uncooked, deveined shrimp.  I prefer mine with the tails on.  Last night I wanted a quick and easy appetizer before dinner, but didn't want to go to the market.  I decided to use the ingredients kept in my pantry along with the shrimp I had.

Italian Shrimp:

Thaw about a pound of shrimp and drain all of the excess water out.  Salt and pepper shrimp to taste, then drizzle the juice of one lemon all over.  Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, 3 cloves chopped garlic, Italian seasoning (whatever you have in the cupboard), red chilli flakes (amount depends on how spicy you like it), and let it marinate for at least an hour in the fridge.  Pan fry shrimp on high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side (melt a pat of butter in the pan before adding shrimp if you want a richer flavor).

No comments:

Post a Comment