Sunday, November 18, 2012

Goat Cheese Stuffed Salmon

Salmon is one of the few types of fish I will cook and eat. I cannot stand to eat meat, and eating fish proves to be a chore for me most of the time. When I had plans to invite friends over for dinner, I decided to make something we could all enjoy.  I also wanted to make something that required minimal effort on my part, as I hate being the hostess who is stuck in the kitchen during her own dinner party.

This dish ended up being a sure fire hit. Fish topped with yogurt and mustard tends to retain a lot of moisture. What you end up having is a very moist fish that goes down easily.  This recipe also ended up being quite healthy.

Goat Cheese Stuffed Salmon

Ingredients:

4 thick salmon pieces, thawed (buy frozen, as fresh is too thin to stuff)
1/3 cup low fat yogurt
1/4 cup dijon mustard
A few sprigs of fresh dill
Salt, pepper and olive oil to taste
4 ounces herbed goat cheese

Method:

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking sheet with cooking spray
Step 2: Create slits or incisions in salmon, and stuff with goat cheese
Step 3: Season salmon with salt and pepper
Step 4: Mix yogurt and dijon and spread over the top of the salmon fillets, evenly
Step 5: Top with fresh dill and bake for 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment