Sunday, September 23, 2012

Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookies

I once embarked on a failed mission to try as many chocolate chip cookie recipes as possible until I found the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. I gave up after two recipes, but both were great.

The other day I had a craving for freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and decided to use Nestle Tollhouse's original recipe. However, as my husband likes a bit less chocolate and enjoys cinnamon, I tweaked it a bit.

This recipe is a great basic cookie recipe, but I think I still prefer a softer cookie like Tyler Florence's recipe or adding a bit of vanilla instant pudding.



Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup softened butter or margarine
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Method:

Step 1: Preheat  oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper
Step 2: Beat butter, sugars and vanilla until creamed
Step 3: Add eggs one at a time and slowly beat in
Step 4: Mix in flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into mixture at very low speed
Step 5: Hand mix in nuts and chocolate chips, then refrigerate dough for at least 10 minutes
Step 6: Drop tablespoon fulls of dough an inch apart on cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes until the outsides are just slightly brown


No comments:

Post a Comment