Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fresh Start

Don't let the title fool you. I haven't drastically changed anything in my life. Well...except for the fact that I got engaged--as of October 30, 2010. But that doesn't mean I've stopped eating/baking/cooking.  So I thought I would start new, and share some recipes or great eats.

I've been trying to eat healthier in an effort to look great in my wedding photos, as the wedding is set for January. As a part of healthy eating, I'm trying to eat more raw veggies.  But everyone knows vegetables can be boring without a nice dip.  Since I love hummus so much, I thought I would try to tackle making a healthier hummus, and I think I succeeded. You can obviously alter to taste.

Lightened Up Hummus


Ingredients:

1/2 can garbanzo beans (15.5 oz can)
1 6 ounce container of fat free greek yogurt
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 tsp. onion powder
4 minced cloves of garlic
1 tsp. tahini (sesame paste. If you don't have this, you can leave it out, or add some peanut butter)
1/4 tsp. cumin
salt and pepper to taste
A few leaves of cilantro or parsley

Method:
Dump everything into a blender, and blend. Alter to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment