Sunday, August 22, 2010

Another Healthy Bite: Lemon Blueberry Bread

A few weeks ago, I got a great cook book. I did what I always do when I get a new cook book.  I tagged all of my favorite recipes, and set it aside for it never to be seen again.  This time, I decided to pull it out, and finally followed a recipe, with much success!  Thank you Marlene Koch for making the best Splenda recipe book ever!  This bread is healthy, light, and very low in sugar

Lemon Blueberry Bread


Ingredients:
2/3 cup 1 % milk
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
4 tbsp. margarine, melted
6 ounces low-fat lemon yogurt (I used 99% fat free yoplait lemon burst)
Zest of one very large lemon
1 cup and 2 tbsp. splenda granulated
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tsp. sugar

Method:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan
Step 2: Whisk together milk, egg, vanilla, margarine, yogurt, zest and splenda in one bowl, then set aside
Step 3: Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and blueberries in a larger bowl and make a well in the center
Step 4: Pour the wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients' bowl and mix gently until just blended
Step 5: Spoon batter into loaf pan and sprinkle top with sugar
Step 6: Bake for 45 minutes or more until toothpick in center is clean

No comments:

Post a Comment