Friday, December 11, 2009

Scones In A Snap

My family is throwing a post-Christmas brunch, and I'm in charge of the majority of the food items.  Since I'll be so tied up in the bigger dishes,  I wanted an easy muffin or scone cop out recipe.  Instead of making something from scratch, I opted to buy Sticky Fingers scone mix, and recently tested it out.

I was really impressed with how nice and light these scones are. They taste like real English scones, are smaller in size unlike those giant Starbucks scones, and have fewer calories.

The original flavor is great, because while they're sweet scones, being real English scones, they are only a little sweet.  I doctored them up by adding shredded mozzarella, chopped jalapenos, onion powder, and garlic powder.  These took longer to bake, but they tasted great.

They're currently on sale at Cost Plus.


1 comment: